Dorset Advocacy is a charitable organisation based at Poundbury in Dorchester. We cover the geographical area of Bournemouth, Poole and Dorset.
We work with people with physical disabilities, who have ill health or learning disabilities and people with dementia and autism. We make sure that their voices are heard and their rights are respected. We are passionate about supporting people to have choice and control in their lives. We have 30 advocates and 60 volunteers who supported over 4000 people over the last year. We are very proud of our achievements.
We are looking for 2 people who are willing to apply their professional skills to support our organisation. One of these roles requires someone with a strategic finance or accountancy background, to help us to appraise the viability of project proposals, diversify income streams, assist with our pricing models and help us plan for our long-term sustainability.
If you share our passion and could use your commercial, strategic, or financial acumen to support us to meet our strategic objectives, we would be delighted to hear from you.
Please contact our Chief Executive – Mike Pochin on: 01305 251033, to find out more.
For more information about the organisation please see our website:
for more information on this blog contact Richard Wills (Trustee) email@example.com
We care at Bournemouth Chamber of Trade and Commerce!
For us Social Responsibility encompasses
- Supporting Charities
- Supporting Employees
- Supporting Local Businesses
If we want a sustainable, inclusive and successful local economy all three of the corner stones above are vital.
Surely no one can deny the importance of the three areas of social responsibility we have outlined.
We want to increase business donations to charities, increase staff volunteering and increase payroll giving.
We will encourage employers to support staff with flexible working, home working, stress management, gender and disability equality.
Encourage businesses to buy more from local businesses and to create a sustainable local economy, we will also encourage eco friendly business activity.
Past campaigns have centred on pledges and promises but without measurement and targets they are meaningless.
You wouldn’t run a business without preparing accounts!
There are many businesses who have done exceptional work on social responsibility and best practice needs to be shared and promoted.
We want to give you the chance to demonstrate your support for social responsibility by joining our CSR accreditation scheme, we have worked with 3 prominent charities to develop a scorecard which will measure and compare social responsibility across businesses.
Using the results we can then have an accreditation process and those who participate will be seen as businesses who care about Social Responsibility.
This isn’t just for members of BCTC we want as many businesses as possible to participate.
Bournemouth Chamber of Trade and Commerce are proud to annouce the launch of our new Corporate Social Responsibility Accreditation Scheme. Open to all businesses the purpose of the scheme is to encourage businesses to:
- Support Charities – We aim to increase business donations to charities, increase staff volunteering and increase payroll giving
- Support Employees – We will encourage employers to support staff with flexible working, home working, stress management, gender and disability equality
- Support Local Businesses – Encourage businesses to buy from local and UK based businesses to create sustainable business communities and economic stability
Find out more and join up to the scheme by visiting our new website at www.csr-online.org
Bournemouth Chamber of Trade & Commerce Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) scorecard is how we can measure our success, without having a measure set against the context of business size how can we know if we are improving or that our work on CSR is meaningful.
The scorecard is not just about the statistics, its about changing business attitudes and for all businesses to see our three aims as critical to their success:
• Support Charities – We aim to increase business donations to charities, increase staff volunteering and increase payroll giving
• Support Employees – We will encourage employers to support staff with flexible working, home working, stress management, gender and disability equality
• Support Local Businesses – Encourage businesses to buy from local and UK based businesses to create sustainable business communities and economic stability
Focusing your business on CSR will actually improve your bottom line because it will:
1. Increase customer and brand loyalty as a result of greater community awareness
2. Improve productivity by having a happy and engaged work force with high morale
3. Improve the planet by becoming more sustainable
Find out more by visiting our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) website.